- Virgin America! Best airline ever! Comfy seats, food is edible, nifty console, cheap, on time! Yes!
- Flight there was immeasurably improved by the fact that I was not sitting by this guy. The drugs helped too.
- Flight home was made immeasurably more painful by the fact that I'd had just two hours of sleep, was still drunk, and...yeah that about covers it.
- Kathy! I loves me some Kathy. There were some logistical problems with the fact that I didn't have a computer, and Kathy didn't have a phone, but we did eventually coordinate a facebook chat that got us into the same part of town.
- Boston has one of the best public transportation websites I've ever dealt with.
- Friday Stacy, Kathy, Ben and I went to dinner at a pubbish type place, and for the first hour or so that we were there, we were treated to inexplicably loud and out of place hip-hop. Then, once people started to show up and the place was turning more into a bar than a restaurant, the volume went way down and the music turned all easy listening.
- I totally abandoned Miss Lola. We were supposed to meet up for lunch on Saturday. I couldn't find my phone, and the aforementioned computer dearth left me unable to contact her. Sorry honey!!
- Saturday afternoon I wandered around downtown with Ben and his friends (who are all really nice people, by the way). Between this and my wanderings with Kathy, I can actually say with a fair amount of honesty that I've "seen" Boston.
- At the bar we went to on Saturday night, the well gin was Tanqueray. That was awesome.
- Ben and I went on a 3am french fry walk, whereupon we ran into some strangers, and I fed them goldfish crackers, and he told them about the time we got him a stripper for his birthday (Note to self: Tell scaggy old stripper story at some point).
- Bacon salt on french fries is the most delicious thing. Ever. Heather, Lilsass, bacon lovers everywhere: take note!
09 March 2009
Too tired to come up with a clever title
I'm historically bad with these post-travel posts. I might spend a whole weekend in another state, on an exciting adventure, and only tell you about the cab rides, or a couple pick-up lines. Therefore, you'll have to forgive me for resorting to bullet points.