1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I went to BlogHer, thus admitting to myself and the world that this shit is important to me.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not all of them, but I think I did reasonably well.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I know a couple new babies, but no one in my immediate circle of friends/family.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not close to me, but I was at a funeral this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
The good old US of A.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Consistent child support.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 2nd was the awful day that my wallet got stolen out of my car while I was pumping gas, I was without a cell phone, I was stuck in the biggest storm of the season in Chico, and Gabriel was in SC. I think it was honestly one of the worst days of my life.
March 17 was my first day at my new job.
May 15 I broke my foot.
November 5th I could finally breathe that huge sigh of relief.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving here and changing jobs.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't know about failure, but it still kills me that I can't spend more time at home.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Broke my foot while I broke my car.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new computer.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Gabriel, who has been SO much happier now that we live close to our family. And this has been a big year for him. He's potty trained, started sleeping in his own big boy bed, and goes to preschool.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Gabriel's father, although truthfully, it's such a given that I don't think it should affect me the way it does.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent/Paying Down Credit.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Something by Amy Winehouse I think.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying, late night snacking, dwelling on unchangeables.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Gabriel's father came to my house in the morning to spend some time with Gabe, then he left and we spent the rest of the day at my parents' house with family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
This was a year of TV on DVD, and I'm in love with Arrested Development, The Tudors, The Wire and Weeds.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Liars and Saints
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Molly's CD Exchange
26. What did you want and get?
A car stereo.
27. What did you want and not get?
Consistency from Gabriel's father.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I only saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall and The Dark Knight in theaters. I like them both.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26. I drank with friends.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Do I look fat?
32. What kept you sane?
Time with my family, dive bars, Gabriel.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
California choosing to ban gay marriage, as well as our choice to vote no on prison reform.
35. Who did you miss?
I miss my Chico girls terribly, even though I'm happy I moved.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My coworker Krishna has been a great new friend.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don't count on it.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I need money.”
Unrelated to it all, I'm having a giveaway, and I did a review over yonder as well.