02 January 2015
2014 was VERY EVENTFUL
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
I got married! Haaaaahahahaha that's going to come up over and over again, y'know?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any! So yes!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Molly! Had a really cute baby! The cutest! Three questions in and we're already balls deep in exclamation points!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My dad's stepdad passed away in the fall. It...was time. He had been on hospice for some time, and had been in a years long steep decline. He was 89.
5. What countries did you visit?
The United States of America. I don't see this answer changing any time soon. Gone are my days of frolicking about the globe.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
10/10/14 - I got married!!!
11/8/14 - We had an after-the-fact wedding reception!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Oh I dunno. I'm a whole lot happier. Oh! I got put in charge of this project at my job! That's pretty cool.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I fell asleep at the wheel and totaled my car and very fortunately did not die.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No! Well I cut open my forehead during the aforementioned car accident, but it wasn't serious.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I got a lot of makeup that I've really been enjoying. Also the money I spent on trips this year, those were all good.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Gabriel is just super rad.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I had some disappointing friend moments, but overall I'd call it resolved.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Life, shopping, travel.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Visiting my niece in AZ, getting MARRIED, painting my living room, seeing a bunch of my friends in November, going to Philly.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter (like, WAY fatter, this has been a 2014 problem).
c) richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
It was Gabriel's dad's year for Christmas, so we did Gabriel Christmas on Christmas Eve, and spent that evening at my grandma's (as usual). Christmas Day we visited with my family and then did dinner with Quentin's.
21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
90 Day Fiance!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
The final Daughter of Smoke and Bone book! I don't remember what it's called. It's good!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
2014 was musically stilted.
26. What did you want and get?
It feels like every damn thing I can think of.
27. What did you want and not get?
I'm still trying to get Quentin to paint the kitchen.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
32. Quentin and I went to dinner and drinks all dressed up fancy-like.
30. What is one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't know!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
I'm fat so anything stretchy.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Did you hear JGL got married??
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
I got to see so many people this year! College friends! High school friends!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Either my husband (scandalous) or my puppy.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
Just go for it!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands! Exclamation points!