Hey yeah so it's significantly NOT the end of 2013 anymore, but I haven't done this! I usually do this! I'll try not to let the first three weeks of 2014 color my thoughts too much.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I'm a CPA now. That's pretty nifty. Don't ask me to do your taxes because I don't actually do taxes.
Uninteresting fact: many CPAs do no taxes.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
It's extremely easy to look through your archives when you post fewer than 20 times in a year! So, I see that I made 2013 Wishes, which are not exactly resolutions. Let's do a quick analysis:
- I hope that 2013 is the year that I actually stop hearing from that-ex-who-gets-creepier-every-time-he-contacts-me-or-leaves-things-for-me-on-my-doorstep. YES! Well, one of them. The one this was about. The other one that I don't like hearing from....I did. Kind of a lot.
- I really really really want the 49ers to win the Super Bowl.
Uh, that didn't happen. And that won't happen this year, either. Stay faithful!
- CPA license. YES! DONE!
- Let's make passing that fourth CPA exam an official wish/resolution. YES! DONE!
- Finish knitting the hat I started before busy season started, make a non-hat garment (could be for myself or someone else). Finished one hat, started....another hat. Oh well.
- Go on vacation. Mini-vacations! I'm going to count them.
- Live through busy season. I did this, but I'm not actually sure how.
- Return this pair of shoes to Zappos before the 365 day expiration date on my ability to do that. Haaaaaaa. No. But after the 365 day mark passed, I decided I like the shoes. So...it was intentional?
- Hang the rest of my curtains. Yes.
- Put up this extremely pain in the ass and messy looking window film stuff that I bought. NOPE.
- Finish painting my half-painted bathroom. YES!!
- Take some pictures (I'm not going to hem myself in with a QUANTITY GOAL) with my Real Actual Camera. NOPE
- Finish the tattoo I started 4 or 5 or god knows how many years ago. YES!
- Try to be less standoffish with and mean to boys. Uhm...somewhat.
- However, also: Maybe punch the next douchebag I meet right in the crotch. UHM....SOMEwhat.
- Put some pictures on my walls. Partially completed.
- Fix my broken shoe rack. Somewhat.
- Unpack the rest of my boxes! I think I did this!
- Organize Gabriel's room situation (he has a room SITUATION). NOPE
- Pay more attention to my cat. I dunno, maybe.
- Get some sleep. Sort of.
- See my friends. At times.
Okay then! Mixed, but mostly successful.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Some people I KNOW gave birth in 2013, but I wouldn't say anyone on the CLOSE TO ME radar, if we're being honest about what 'close' means here.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Uh, no. Or if they did, I guess maybe we weren't actually that close, because I'm not thinking of anyone.
5. What countries did you visit?
The United States of America.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Work life balance! And this looks like already achieved!!!
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I can't think of a single interesting 2013 date. I CAN think of some events, and some general timelines. I had weird cat drama in February, and we lost our kids in the woods and had to call the sheriffs and I thought my baby was dead and I think that was maybe early March, I HAD CAR RATS IN MAY. I got my CPA license and my new job offer in December.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
CPA, got the job I want.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Eh, I dunno. There was just a lot of STRANGE THINGS, y'know?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I think I broke my foot last week but that was JANUARY 2014. I got a kidney infection and maybe almost died. That was August.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I took my mom and Gabriel to Calistoga for my birthday.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My family is ridiculously supportive.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Living my life or whatever.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
MOLLY'S BABY MOLLY HAD A BABY (the baby was born in 2014 so it doesn't get a mention above)
NEW JOB NEW JOB NEW JOB NEW JOB
DONE WITH CPA EXAMS
I PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO CLEAN MY HOUSE NOW AND IT IS GLORIOUS
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter (sigh, etc).
c) richer or poorer? At this MOMENT poorer, overall richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home and with family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
I dunno. This is the same answer as 2012, and probably 2011 if I looked it up. I don't know why I never know the answer to this question. I'm a weirdo. Or I'm Forest Gump and don't know what love is. Oh wait. He may not be a smart man, but he DOES know what love is. Shit. I don't know what's wrong with me.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Eh. I didn't really watch anything. I'm lame.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah, not really.
24. What was the best book you read?
Oh what did I read? Oh! I liked Where'd you go, Bernadette! I dunno if it was the BEST book I read, but I don't feel like trying to figure out what I read.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Love the new albums of: Beyonce, J. Cole, Drake. I know, I'm secretly a 14-year-old girl.
26. What did you want and get?
Job, CPA License.
27. What did you want and not get?
Time with Gabriel.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't think I saw any movies this year? Like not new ones in theaters. Can that be accurate? I think that's accurate.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to Calistoga! I'm 31. Whatever.
30. What is one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Leggings at Work.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I'm totally part of the J. Law fan club and I'm not even a little bit sorry.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The government was really, really stupid this year.
35. Who did you miss?
So much time with Gabriel that I'll never get back. I have almost 20 saved voicemails on my phone from Gabriel during busy season, asking me if and when I'm coming home, and if he will get to see me that day. I should have played them for my exit interview.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
One of the best turned out to be one of the worst. I don't think I met too many new people though.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Work. Hard. You can get it. Just keep swimming.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Bow down bitches.