1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
This year Gabriel spent a huge chunk of summer at his dad's, so I went the longest amount of time ever without seeing him.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
The only concrete resolution I had this year was to finish my tattoo, and I didn't, so no. I might make some, haven't decided yet.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Everyone had babies this year, it seems like.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but a lot of people I know died.
5. What countries did you visit?
No countries. I haven't been out of the country since before I had Gabriel. SADFACE.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My brother got married on July 2.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Grad school, definitely.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I've totally abandoned all exercise routine, and have been feeling pretty bad about myself, looks-wise.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing especially comes to mind, but I'm sure I had some ear infections or something.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Gabriel's awesome, per usual. My friends and family have all been wonderfully supportive of my life even though I've turned into a flaky recluse who isn't any fun.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
ExBF. Aubrey Huff. The awful temp I had to train to replace me at my old job. Maybe some other people but I think they read my internet.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Living expenses. Text books.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Grad school, birthday, job acquisition, skittles vodka, weddings, babies.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Something by Justin Bieber, since this is the year my son became a fan.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? About the same.
b) thinner or fatter? I feel fatter, not sure if that's true.
c) richer or poorer? Much poorer, but with prospects of becoming much richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercising, knitting, photography, art, sleep, sex.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parents' house. None of the kids freaked out or had meltdowns, so it was pretty successful.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone, but there are people that I don't care to speak to anymore.
24. What was the best book you read?
I read a bunch of good YA this year, including: Forest of Hands and Teeth, Birthmarked, The Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Enclave.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't think I made one. I need new music, whatcha got for me?
26. What did you want and get?
I got into grad school, I got a post-graduation job offer, I got the internship I wanted, I got a new computer, I have a yard now.
27. What did you want and not get?
When I really, really want something, I make a point of getting it, I'm stubborn like that. But I would have liked to travel more, and I wish I'd seen more of my friends.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out in SF night before, day of hung out with my family. I turned 29.
30. What is one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Spent a lot of the year trying (and possibly/probably failing) to look professional. When I didn't have to do that, I alternated between 'starving student' and 'little girl dresses self for first time.'
32. What kept you sane?
Wine. No, seriously.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Sports pedophiles, SOPA, limiting access to birth control.
35. Who did you miss?
Molly, Ben, everyone I didn't see when I didn't go to BlogHer, all my friends who live entirely too far away for my liking.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Krystal, who is my grad school friend (see! I made a new friend!)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
My beliefs are important.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Run around just so I don't have to think about thinking.
Apparently I skipped 2009