I'm sort of anti-survey, but I also didn't do any sort of year in review anything, and I usually do, and, well.
Here you go.
(Purloined from Molly)
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I took the GMAT, I learned how to knit things that aren't rectangles.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Mostly-Sort-Of. (Resolutions are here, for reference)
-I kept doing all of my fitnessy things, and I actually did lose probably around 10lbs maybe. I have mixed feelings about that, since my boobs are....not. But! Healthy! Yes!
-Since I bought a car in June, my debt actually increased this year, but I reduced my credit card debt. I also froze my credit cards in a block of ice in the freezer, which, while childish, is certainly effective.
-I HAVE a savings account now, which is an improvement over last year.
-I'm definitely spending less money on frivolous bullshit. Although I *am* still buying frivolous bullshit.
-I'm not really a nicer person, although I've done a better job of THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK, so I feel much better about any and all potentially 'mean' things I've said or done.
-I'm still pretty flaky, but I cut way back on MAKING any plans, so I'm not bowing out of them quite so much.
-I'm definitely doing a better job with packaging and plastic use and whatnot.
I'm not really so much making resolutions for 2011. I am, sort of. But not.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin had a baby, and lots of people on the internet.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. 2009 was the year that my family started to wink away out of existence. 2010 was the year of trying to deal with that.
5. What countries did you visit?
Uh....I renewed my passport?
Is Vegas another country?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A clear understanding of what direction I'm headed off in.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I dunno about specific dates, but I went on a lot of fun trips last year (to San Diego, New York, Colorado, Vegas).
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My grad school application? (Question mark because that only gets to be my biggest achievement if I get in)
9. What was your biggest failure?
I participated more than usual in fights on the interwebs.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Dairy broke up with me, but otherwise no.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The most practical and necessary thing I bought was my car. The most LIFE ALTERING OMG was this magical blush (no I'm not kidding). The most satisfying was probably this camera lens.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends were incredibly supportive this year. Adam and Daniel are personally responsible if I get into school.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed?
The usual subjects as usually.
And though I hate to say it, Gabriel has really twisted me up into a stressed depression knot of nerves with his school behavior.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, car payment, debt.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
SEEING ALL MY FRIENDS OMG!!! I had so much fun hanging out with people I love last year. Let's do it some more.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
The Longest Time by Billy Joel but ONLY BECAUSE Gabriel is obsessed. It's this crazy weird magical song. He can be throwing a balls out tantrum and you put it on and he his hypnotized into dancing silence.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I think about the same, but maybe a little more accepting/hopeful and therefore happier?
b) thinner or fatter? A little bit thinner.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer, but in a way that I hope will make me richer in the long run.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Gabriel, which was wonderful. His dad came over morning of, which was magical for Gabey.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I'm all television-less. Does watching the Giants win the World Series count? Cuz that was totally on TV.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't really hate anyone at all. There are people I'm less friends with, people I'm more friends with, people who don't get my energy anymore, etc.
24. What was the best book you read?
I dunno about BEST, but I was hugely in love with all the young adult fluff I read this year.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
I dunno, really. I don't tend to set my sights on things I don't think I'll get.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The only movies I think I saw in theaters were How to Train Your Dragon and The Tourist. Of the two, I preferred How to Train Your Dragon.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28 with some of my favorite people.
30. What is one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I would have been a lot less stressed without a car payment. And if I didn't have to worry about Gabriel's preschool situation quite so much.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Mostly the same as every other year. Although I've started wearing higher heels again. And I'm more comfortable with my shape/body/etc.
32. What kept you sane?
Deleting Facebook. Falling in love with Tumblr.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Natalie Portman, please and thank you.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I wasn't particularly stirred this year.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
These are both people I actually met in 2009, but getting to be close friends with Leah and Briya made my year very squishy-bubble-happy.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don't like Song Lyrics as Life Lessons. It's a little too 14-year-old-on-MySpace for my comfort.