That's right! Today is November 1st, the first day of NaBloPoMo, and I've
1. I don't have internet at home, yet I have (admittedly minor) guilt issues about the ethics of blogging at work. What I do now is write my entries at home, keep them on a flash drive, and post from work. I don't work on the weekends, so I'm going to have to figure something else out. The answer is not the obvious GET INTERNET AT HOME STUPID one, because, though it would be convenient, right now the U.S. economic downturn combined with an apparent cessation of support from Gabriel's fatherishcharacterperson have made it pretty impossible for me to spend....hardly any moneys at all. So until I figure that piece of mystery out, I'm afraid that the current situation will have to continue.
2. I don't really have very many interesting things to say. Maybe you think that's obvious, on account of the fact that you read this blog, but those 5ish posts a week are pretty taxing on my seventeen brain cells, and I'm not sure if I can pop out two more per week without having an aneurysm.
3. I'm going to the California Library Association Annual Conference November 14-17th. I don't really know what that's going to involve. Because librarians are awesome creatures, I have no doubt that the conference will be wired, but I'm not sure how I'll be dealing with the levels of Insane and Overwhelmed and Too Much Networking. (See I learned a lesson from BlogHer '08).
4. Thanksgiving. How am I supposed to manage to blog for an ENTIRE three day weekend when it's essentially a guarantee that I'll be sitting around my house doing and thinking nothing?
5. What if the unthinkable happens, and John McCain wins the presidential election? I'll have officially lost all faith in my country, and hung myself in my backyard, thus eliminating my ability to blog. Unless I can blog post-humously. Hmmmm....
Let the games begin!