Sam tagged me in her MeMe. I'm an obliging person. I'm also avoiding my work today. Thanks Sam! Da rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
1. Last Friday night I had this terrifying nightmare that woke me up in a sweat at 6am Saturday morning. Except that once I woke up I realized that really, it wasn't actually a bad dream because the villain I was running from? Totally Ursula from The Little Mermaid. Animated and everything. This is not the first animated dream I've had; as a child I had an elaborate dream wherein I was a member of the Thundercats.
2. I'm turning 26 on Friday. I've been okay with every birthday up until this one, but for some reason 26 is totally fucking with my head. Like maybe I'm not supposed to be a grownup by now, but shouldn't I at least have the vaguest inkling of what I'm doing with my life? On an intellectual level I don't ACTUALLY think I'm a failure, but I mean, I sorta do. A little. I'm more freaking-out-ish than I'd really like to be, and also more than I really expected to be.
3. When I was about 7 years old, I got in a fight with my sister, and I was really mad at her, so I wrote "I hate Jenny" in the dust on my uncle's car window, and then she got in trouble for being so hateful. I didn't admit that I did it for YEARS.
4. I've read The Firebrand by Marion Zimmer Bradley no less than 50 times. That is not an exaggeration. And I read it for the first time when I was maybe....9 years old? I would like to clarify that this is neither a life-changing, nor a particularly profound piece of literature. I just used to read it like once a month as a teenager. Because I rock.
5. I haven't slept straight through the night a single time since I was about 7 months pregnant with Gabriel, not counting nights when I have to wake up less than 6 hours after my head hits the pillow. Yeah, he sleeps through the night now. I, apparently, do not. I have to get up to pee, get a drink of water, make sure my front door is locked, check my alarm, etc. etc. It's like during that time when I was physically incapable of sleeping in anything more than 4 hour blocks because of Gabriel squashing my bladder in utero, or needing to be fed and cared for as an infant, or whatever, my body no longer REMEMBERS how to sleep. Which sort of sucks; prospective parents be warned.
6. I hate work social functions. There is nothing to make you feel the pain of being at work quite like being forced to have fun on the clock. If I want to participate, I'll certainly let y'all know.
Tagging: Molly, Julia, Brie, Sus, Bayjb, Badass Geek