Although I did get a red hardhat in the mail today--a sign perhaps??
Job is going.....well here's the thing. I LIKE my job. I like the people with whom I work, for the most part. I work for a REALLY good company. It just so happens that my immediate boss is a megalomaniacal psychopath, and he's a very difficult person for whom to work. Some days I just sit here thinking, gee, I could smile and keep doing my job, or I could go home and stick my head in the oven. The problem is I just CAN'T seem to choose, because my options? They totally balance each other out in pros and cons.
On the side of staying at this company and keeping this job:
- The company is excellent. I mean truly, they seem genuinely concerned with doing right by their employees in a way that is both rare and refreshing.
- I believe in what we're doing.
- I enjoy my day-to-day tasks.
- I enjoy a great deal of independence.
- I am well compensated.
- There is plenty of room for advancement.
- Boss is fuckwit.
- There is no foreseeable end to fuckwit boss not being my boss any more, as he is Company President's Best Beloved.
- CA campus is grossly understaffed and mismanaged.
- I am in Butte County.
- I have no support system here.
- I don't make enough money to not need a support system.
- Interoffice politics rival daytime television in their drama and detail.